- Course Duration: 6 weeks
- Course Code: Non-Accredited
- Location: Live online via ZOOM
- RPL: No
ICAN Learn delivers the Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package for experienced practitioners within Australia's Financial Counselling sector.
ICAN Learn trainers have significant experience providing professional supervision to members of the Financial Counselling workforce and are keen to share their knowledge and experience in a structured non-accredited format that meets the requirements of your State Association.
This innovative delivery of the Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package includes 6 x 2 hour live online workshops, learning materials, PPT and access to recorded sessions for later use. The course covers:
1. Understanding yourself - rationale for professional supervision/ mentoring; roles and responsibilities
2. Supervision [mentoring] processes - Reflection; Multi lens approaches and mini contracting
3. The learning process - How do I learn & How does my learning style influence professional supervision / mentoring
4. What do I look for in a professional supervisor - Aspirations; Receiving and giving feedback
5. Building professional resilience - Burnout, secondary and vicarious trauma
6. Modes of Professional Supervision [mentoring] - Debriefing & providing support
Professional supervision is an important step in building our profession to sustain the vital work of Financial Counsellors. The Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package was developed with the financial support of the Commonwealth Bank and a partnership between the Indigenous Consumer Assistance Network (ICAN -Cairns based) and the Financial Counselling Victoria (FCVic - peak body for Financial Counsellors in Victoria).
It provides a national approach to professional supervision training geared to Financial Counsellors, owned and operated by Australia's financial counselling sector.
This course will enable you to obtain recognition for these skills in future advanced training developed by ICAN Learn.
Keep your eye out for the Professional Supervision Train the Trainer course coming soon!
Please use the link below to download a PDF file.
If you’d like to support others within the sector and take your financial counselling career to the next level, please contact ICAN Learn by emailing email@example.com or complete an interest of expression form on this page.