- Course Duration: 2 Days
- Course Code: Non-Accredited
- Location: Various Locations
- RPL: No
ICAN Learn is pleased to announce the launch of our Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package and is now inviting expressions of interest from experienced practitioners within Australia's Financial Counselling sector.
ICAN Learn trainers have significant experience providing professional supervision to members of the Financial Counselling workforce and are keen to share their knowledge and experience in a structured non-accredited format, that meets the requirements of your State Association.
The Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package includes;
1. Background; Your professional profile, understanding yourself and setting the scene
2. Rationale for professional supervision; function, approaches & building skills
3. Supervision processes; Reflection & Multi lens approach
4. The adult learning process; How do I learn & How does my learning style influence professional supervision
5. What do I look for in a professional supervisor; Aspirations & Building relationships
6. Evaluating & Providing Feedback
7. Building professional resilience - Burnout, vicarious trauma & secondary trauma
8. Modes of Professional Supervision; Debriefing & providing support
Professional supervision is an important step in building our profession to sustain the vital work of financial counsellors.
The Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package was developed with the financial support of the Commonwealth Bank and a partnership between the Indigenous Consumer Assistance Network (ICAN -Cairns based) and the Financial and Consumer Rights Council (FCRC - peak body for financial counsellors in Victoria) and provides a national approach to professional supervision training geared to financial counsellors; owned and operated by Australia's financial counselling sector.
This course will enable you to obtain recognition for these skills in future advanced training ICAN Learn is developing.
Keep your eye out for the Professional Supervision Train the Trainer course coming soon! 
Please use the link below to download a PDF file.
If you’d like to support others within the sector and take your financial counselling career to the next level, please contact Bernadette Pasco by email on email@example.com or by phone/ text on 0488 229 133.
You can also complete an expression of interest form on this page.