- Course Duration: 2 Days - 16th & 17th July
- Course Code: Non-Accredited
- Location: Melbourne (TBA)
- RPL: No
ICAN Learn is pleased to announce the launch of our Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package and is now inviting expressions of interest from experienced practitioners within Australia's Financial Counselling sector. ICAN Learn trainers have many years-experience providing professional supervision within the Financial Counselling workforce and are keen to share their knowledge and experience in a structured non-accredited format, that meets the requirements of your State Association.
The Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package incorporates the following eight parts;
1. Background - Your professional profile, understanding yourself and setting the scene
2. Rationale for professional supervision - function, approaches & building skills
3. Supervision processes - Reflection & Multi lens approach
4. The learning process - How do I learn & How does my learning style influence professional supervision
5. What do I look for in a professional supervisor - Aspirations & Building relationships
6. Evaluation & Feedback
7. Building professional resilience - Burnout, vicarious trauma and secondary trauma
8. Modes of Professional Supervision - Debriefing and providing support
Professional supervision is an important step in building our profession and sustaining the vital work delivered by the financial counselling workforce. The Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package provides a national approach to professional supervision training that is owned and operated by Australia's financial counselling sector.
ICAN Learn's Professional Supervision for Financial Counsellors education package was developed with the financial support of the Commonwealth Bank and a partnership between the Indigenous Consumer Assistance Network (ICAN), based in Cairns, Queensland and the Financial and Consumer Rights Council (FCRC), peak body for financial counsellors in Victoria.
Please use the link below to download a PDF file.
If you’d like to support others within the sector and take you financial counselling career to the next level, please contact Robyn Shepherd-Murdoch, ICAN Learn’s Lead Lecturer email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 0417 163 071 .