ICAN Learn is committed to supporting the financial counselling sector by providing accessible and affordable professional supervision and related education for
- Individual financial counsellors
- Groups of financial counsellors
- Financial counsellor professional supervisors
Professional supervision in groups [PSG]
Professional supervision in groups provides an opportunity for high level professional supervision discussion in a group setting. It facilitates conversations between financial counsellors, explores various elements of professional supervision and facilitates professional development and a way to meet membership obligations.
Professional supervision for supervisors [PSS]
ICAN Learn expert financial counsellor professional supervisors host each session to facilitate supervision for professional supervisors. Participant are able to request specific discussion items to promote relevant conversations and topics.
Is there a fee for these services?
There is a fee for services but there is no ongoing commitment, just register and attend for each session as you wish.
- PSG $50 per 1.5 hour session
- PSS $60 per 2 hour session
- Individual professional supervision $100 per session
- Specific agency group requests by arrangement
What are the benefits?
Our services give you
- An opportunity to develop expertise and build professional skills
- An opportunity to link with other professional supervisors across Australia
- Access to an annual 2 hour education session [offered twice per year] on a relevant topic
- Individual support for curly challenges
- Certificate of attendance to use for peak body membership purposes
Join our next Group Professional Supervision session
May 6, 2022 1000-1130 AEST
Join our next Professional Supervision for Professional Supervisor [PSS] session
This session has one hour of professional supervision and one hour of education [CPD]
June 2, 1400-1600 AEST
How big is the group and how will it be structured?
Group numbers are capped at 8 as per National Professional Supervision Policy.
Sessions are structured as per policy and focus on wellbeing, casework and other related matters that assist the wellbeing of financial counsellors. You can contribute to the agenda!
What will the focus of the education sessions be?
Education sessions will be focused on relevant topics such as managing secondary and vicarious trauma; supporting someone when there are agency challenges; maintaining empathy in the professional supervision relationship; the impacts of parallel processes; exploring lenses of supervision etc. Consideration is given to topic requests.
Annual Update for professional supervisors
Most jurisdictions want their professional supervisors to undertake an annual update on professional supervision. Our annual update is held at the end of each year, so that you’re ready for the upcoming membership year! The annual update revisits core principles and highlights an education topic.
our next annual update will be held on 1 November 2022 at 1400 AEDT [1300 AEST]
Want to find out more?